Pages

Saturday, February 5

the post with no title

Okay today was the first day of training.  The original plan was to meet at Eagle Creek & do our team training there.  However, due to the illustrious ice storm of 20-11.  The venue was moved to an office park complex over by W 71st & 465.  So I woke up at 0500.  For you civilian types that would be 5am.  I left the house at 0545 and arrived at said destination just in time for sign in at 0715.  Yes it took me an hour & a half to drive to a practice that last about 30 minutes.  Of course there was breakfast afterwards at Le Peeps (all I can say is YUM-O.) 

While driving in the near treacherous conditions I was reminded of how I've been made white as snow by the blood of Jesus Christ.  I listened enjoyed some time of uninterrupted worship listening to local Contemporary Christian music on the radio.  So this morning was not just a morning of strengthen my physical being but also my spiritual one as well.  Looking forward to the next practice. 

So you ask how did practice go:   We had the option of running or walking for 20 or 30 minutes.  I opted for 30 minutes.  I started out walking but quickly realized I 'd warm up a lot faster if I jogged.  So I jogged for about 10 then took walking breaks of about 45seconds to a minute.  then would jog again.  So I'd say I jogged about half & walked.  I was told the loop was about a mile & I completed the loop in about 20 minutes.  Which for today I was satisfied with.  I was after all running on snow, which if you've never done is much like running in the sand and I've learned not to compare my almost 38 year old body with my 25 year old body.  Because although I am a new creation in Christ, I am no longer the youth I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment